Our garden in overflowing with Eggplants this year. One of my favorite dishes to make with them is Eggplant Parmesan. It's an easy to make skillet meal with few dishes to clean up afterwards. And, I love the way the Italian flavors pair with the eggplant. Serve with a salad and your favorite glass of wine for one fantastic dinner.
1 Medium sized Eggplant
1 egg, beaten
1 T. water
1/4 cup flour
2 T. cooking oil
1/3 cup crated Parmesan cheese
1 cup spaghetti sauce
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Wash and peel eggplant and cut into 1/2 inch slices.
2. Combine egg and water.
3. Dip eggplant slices into egg mixture, then flour coating both sides.
4. In a large skillet cook eggplant half at a time, in hot oil for 4-6 minutes (turning once) until golden brown.
5. Drain on paper towels.
6. Wipe out skillet, then arrange cooked eggplant slices in the skillet.
7. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, pour Spaghetti sauce on top and then sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top of that.
8. Cook covered over medium low heat for 5-7 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.
9. Serve as is or over cooked Spaghetti.