So back in the day I was a huge fan of the TV show 'Friends' and there was a character named Chandler who had a joke line where he would say "could there be..." Well that phrase quickly came to mind when I reading through the ingredient list for this dessert recipe in the new Gooseberry Patch cookbook "101 Blue Ribbon Desserts." The real name for this recipe is Peanut Butter Chocolate Dessert, but I'm going to call it "Could there be anymore calories in this dessert" because there are a lot of sweets! And while I loved the taste of this dessert (and might have licked the bowl clean) I've got to warn you up front this dessert is not for those on a diet. It delicious and hard to put down.
20 chocolate sandwich cookies, divided
2 T. butter, melted
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar, divided
16 oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
1 cup cold milk
3.9 ox. pkg. instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
1. Crush 16 cookies.
2. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish.
3. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter and one cup powdered sugar until smooth.
4. Fold in half of the whipped topping and spread over crust.
5. In a separate bowl, beat milk, dry pudding mix and remaining powdered sugar on low speed for 2 minutes.
6. Fold in remaining whipped topping.
7. Crush remaining cookies and sprinkle on top.
8. Cover and chill at least 3 hours.