Avengers: Age of Ultron is opening in theaters on May 1st and your local Meijer store has a wide variety of branded merchandise to get you all set for the premier. (And having recently shopped at Meijer I noticed that you can save on some of those Avenger items with your mperks.) From Avenger Corn Flakes to Fruit Snacks, T-Shirts to Toys and everything else in between, Meijer has all the Thor, Hulk & Iron Man items that you want. And, to help celebrate the release of this film Meijer is sponsoring a giveaway on this blog, with an awesome Avenger Prize Pack full of assorted toys, food and memorabilia.
But first every movie viewer needs a great snack to enjoy during the film and I have a fabulous dessert recipe to share with you today for Butterfinger Lasagna. This dessert is super simple to make, taste great and can be washed down with a limited edition Avengers 2 Dr. Pepper. Even Captain America needs something sweet to eat before he saves the world from Ultron.
1 1/2 cup whip cream
1/2 cup chocolate syrup
6 oz. Butterfinger candy bars, finely chopped, divided
1 box of graham cracker (about 20 crackers)
1. Stir syrup into whip cream container until thoroughly mixed.
2. Lay graham crackers out in a 9 x 13 baking dish to cover the bottom completely.
3. Spread a thin layer of whip cream mixture on top.
4. Sprinkle 1/5 of your crushed up Butterfinger pieces on top.
5. Repeat layers 4 more times, making sure to press down firmly on the gramcrackers each time and spreading the cool whip so all the edges are completely covered.
6. Finish with Butterfinger pieces on top.
7. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
8. Slice and Serves 8.
(Optional: you many want to drizzle some additional chocolate syrup on top when you serve.)
Be sure to head in to Meijer to pick up all your Avenger related merchandise and branded food products before you see the movie on May 1st.
Please note Meijer did sponsor this blog post and giveaway. All thoughts and opinions expressed on this blog are my own.