I found something great to do when you gave a box of lasagna noodles with some broken pieces... Make Lasagna Soup!
This recipe contains all the ingredients that's in your traditional lasagna only with out all the layering and the long times of baking in the oven. Simply throw your ingredients in the crock pot and come home to a delicious smelling, great tasting soup. And I'm happy to report the leftovers taste equally as good the second time around.
1 pound sausage
2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
1 cup water
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
1 (14.5 oz) can spaghetti sauce
1 T. minced garlic
1 tsp. dried onion flakes
3 tsp. Italian seasonings
1/2 tsp. pepper
6 oz. lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
Optional Garnish: 2 cups, ricotta cheese and/or 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Brown Sausage in a skillet.
2. Place sausage and all ingredients (except noodles and cheeses) in a greased crock pot.
3. Stir, cover and cook on low setting for 5-6 hours.
4. Last hour of baking add noodles, stir and place lid back on top.
5. Serve and sprinkle cheeses on top if desired.
Yields: 6 servings