I'm back on my butterscotch kick with this recipe for a bar cookie. I just feel that butterscotch is not used often enough so anytime I can add it in..... I'm going to. This recipe came from the new Gooseberry Patch Cookbook "Mom Knows Best." It was a recipe for apple bars, but when I added in some butterscotch chips I gave it an almost caramel apple taste. We loved it and have made it two more times since then. So without further ado here is the great recipe!!!
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. apple, peeled, cored & diced
1/2 c. butterscotch chips
1. Add melted butter to a large bowl.
2. Stir in brown sugar, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
3. Add flour, baking powder, salt and apple.
4. Pour batter in a greased 9 x 9 baking pan.
5. Sprinkle with butterscotch chips.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
7. Cool and cut into squares.
Makes 1 dozen.