Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Crock Pot Moroccan Lamb
1 1/2 lbs. Lamb (stew meat, cut in 1 inch pieces)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground coriander
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 T. crystallized ginger
2 tangerines, peeled and sectioned
1/4 cup dried apricots,
1/2 cup baby carrots
1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas
1 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup orange juice
1 T. honey
1. In a large bowl combine spices.
2. Add lamb and garlic; mixing well.
3. In a large frying pan, over medium heat add mixture and brown thoroughly.
4. In a greased crock pot, place tangerines, apricots, carrots, chickpeas, chicken broth, orange juice and honey.
5. Stir well.
6. Add the lamb mixture to the crock pot.
7. Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours.
Can serve as a stew in a bowl or on a plate over couscous.
Optional: Add a dollop of Green Yogurt or parsley before serving.