Soup season is upon us... and I love this recipe I recently made out of Gooseberry Patch's 303 Round the Clock Recipes. Firstly, you can never go wrong with Pepper Jack cheese. It gives your taste buds that extra kick, so anytime I see a recipe with Pepper Jack... I know it's going to be good. And the creamy tomato bisque pairs nicely with the crab meat that makes for a rich yet spicy soup to warm up to on a cold winter night or perfect for your holiday luncheon menu.
2 T. Butter
2 Stalks Celery, finely chopped
1 T. dried onion flakes
2 (10.75 oz.) cans tomato soup
2 1/2 cups half-n-half
3 (8 oz) pkgs. crabmeat, flaked
1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
1. Melt butter in a stockpot over medium heat.
2. Add celery and onion flakes; cook until softened.
3. Add soup, half-n-half and crabmeat.
4. Simmer over low heat until heated through; stir in cheese.
5. If too thick, add a little more half-n-half; as desired.