I love a good crescent bake recipe.
What is a crescent bake you ask???
Think of it as a casserole wrapped up in a crescent roll.
Now doesn't that sound good?!?!
We make these often at our house as they are quick to make, quick to bake and tasty to eat.
You simply take a tube of refrigerated crescent rolls and lay them out in a circular fashion and then pile meat, veggies and cheese on top. Wrap up in a circular fashion and then bake in the oven.
I adapted this recipe out of Gooseberry Patch's 303 Round the Clock Recipes. The original recipe was with similar ingredients but you braided bread dough. As a busy mom of 2 small children I didn't think I had the time or coordination to braid dough, so I incorporated the crescent rolls in and it worked out great. The turkey in this recipe is a great way to use up leftovers after your holiday meals.
1 lb. ground turkey
1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
1 T. onion flakes
1 cup corn
1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese or fiesta blend cheese
1. Brown turkey with tomatoes and onion flakes over medium heat.
2. Add corn: cook until heated through.
3. Place crescent triangles on greased cookie sheet in a circular shape with corners of triangles overlapping. (See photo above.)
3. Use a spoon to pile turkey mixture in a circle on top of overlapping crescent dough.
4. Sprinkle cheese on top of turkey mixture.
5. Bring points of crescent triangles over meat and cheese and tuck to the inner part of the circle.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until dough is golden brown.