There is just something about making your own pasta sauce that just makes dinner taste all the better. My favorite meal would probably be a warm plate of pasta with a salad, bread stick and a glass of wine. And the Tuttorosso brand has tomato products that are perfect for your homemade pasta sauce recipe. And to help you make your own sauce they are sponsoring a "Celebrate the Sauce" giveaway on the Tuttorosso facebook page. Each week they are giving away aprons, wooden spoons and one grand prize of a Martha Stewart Cookware set. And Tuttorosso is giving away one Sauce Kit on this blog to one of my lucky readers.
But before we get to that I wanted to mention that Tuttorosso has lots of recipes on their website and one of them I adapted for our dinner table. This is a recipe for Garlic Tomato Sauce using Tuttorosso's peeled plum Italian Style tomatoes and their tomato paste product. I loved the aroma of basil and garlic in my kitchen as I prepared this dish.
3 garlic cloves minced
1 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 T. dried onion flakes
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
1/2 cup red wine
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. basil
1 (35 oz) can peeled plum Italian Style Tomatoes with Natural basil flavor
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat drizzle olive oil and add garlic. Saute' for a couple of minutes and add onion flakes.
2. Add tomato paste, wine, red pepper flakes and Italian Seasoning.
3. Add peeled plum tomatoes (along with their juice) and crush with spoon as you stir.
4. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
5. Add basil and reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
6. Serve over pasta of your choice.
And now for the giveaway. One lucky reader will win a Tuttorosso Tomato Sauce Prize Pack consisting of a can of tomato paste, peeled plum tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, a wooden spoon, red apron and Tuttorosso wine bag. Simple click on the rafflecopter widget below and enter your e-mail to be entered. Good Luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thanks to Tuttorosso for sending me free product to use in this blog post and for sponsoring the giveaway. All thoughts and pictures shared on this blog are my own.