It's National Coffee Day and what better way to celebrate than with a slice of Pumpkin Coffee Cake?!?!?
This recipe is a spin off of my Butterscotch Coffee Cake, but perfect for anyone who likes things that are pumpkin flavored. It's a quick and easy recipe and taste great with your morning coffee or even as an after dinner dessert. And I love that there are chocolate chips sprinkled on top, because chocolate and pumpkin are a perfect pair. So however you enjoy this recipe... sit back, sip your coffee and celebrate.
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 box of pumpkin spice instant pudding mix (3.4 oz)
1 box of vanilla instant pudding mix (3.4 oz)
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup oil
1 cup water
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 T. cinnamon
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1. Mix cake flour and pudding mixes together.
2. Add eggs, water and oil.
3. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
4. In a small bowl mix together brown sugar and cinnamon.
5. Sprinkle on top of cake batter.
6. (Optional: Sprinkle chocolate chips on top)
7. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until toothpick tests clean.