You can probably guess my latest pregnancy craving by seeing what recipe I blog about each week. Well this week is probably peanut butter. But then again it may be cookies. So why not make big peanut butter cookies with three different kinds of peanut butter in them?!?!? That was my thinking!!! And, I have to admit these Triple Peanut Butter Chunk Cookies turned out delicious.Gooseberry Patch's Foolproof Family Recipes and there is a great tip in this book as to how to get your big cookies to be crispy on the edges but still gooey in the center..... you ball up the dough and freeze it for an hour. It worked perfectly! And since your dough is all ready to go you bake up how many you think you will need and then leave the rest in the freezer until you want more. This way you don't have 4 dozen cookies sitting around at once. (Because believe me they taste good enough you will be tempted to eat them all.) And anytime I need a quick sweet I just take a few out of the oven, let them thaw for about 15 minutes and then pop in the oven.
2 cups butter, softened
2 cups brown sugar
3 cups sugar, divided
1 cup creamy peanut butter
6 cups flour
1 T. baking soda
1 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1 1/2 cup candy-coated peanut butter chips (like Reese's Pieces or PB M&M's)
1. In a very large bowl (preferably your stand mixer) blend together butter, brown sugar and 2 cups sugar; add eggs and peanut butter.
2. In a separate bowl, stir together flour and baking soda; add 1/3 at a time to butter mixture.
3. Mix in peanut butter chips.
4. With an ice cream scoop, roll dough into balls (about 1/2 cupfuls).
5. Roll dough balls in remaining sugar.
6. Freeze dough balls for at least an hour.
7. Place dough balls on a greased cookie sheet a good 1 1/2 inches apart.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 14 to 18 minutes, until tops just begin to turn golden.
9. Cool on wire rack.
Makes 4 dozen