Every now and then you need a go to punch recipe, whether it's for a bridal shower, birthday party, or just a family get together and here is a great recipe to use. I found the recipe in Gooseberry Patch's Grilling and Campfire Cooking Cookbook and I'm drinking them out of these new Mason Jar drinking glasses from Ball.
The Ball Drinking Mason Jar Glasses come in two sizes; 16 oz. with a regular mouth lid and 24 oz. with a wide mouth lid. Both glasses have a handle and the traditional Ball jar markings and rings at the top for lids. And while you can drink out of the jar very easily just like any other glass, Ball makes straws and Sip lids for these drinking glasses. Simply use your traditional rings to hold the lids in place and stick your straw down inside for a country style drink.
And now for the drink recipe...
4 cups cold water
2 cups sugar
48 oz. can orange juice
48 oz. can pineapple juice
48 oz. can grapefruit juice
1/2 cup lemon juice
4 cups ginger ale
(optional garnishes: orange, lime, maraschino cherries)
1. Combine water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sugar dissolves.
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. Combine sugar mixture and juices in a large pitcher or punch bowl; stir to combine.
6. Just before serving add ginger ale; garnish as desired.
Please note Ball did send me these products to review, but the photos and opinions shared on this blog are my own.