Today is my third and final recipe that I'm sharing for bread baked in canning jars in your crock pot and I must say the flavor in this loaf is probably my favorite out of the three. The banana flavors work well with the chocolate and I love using biscuit mix instead of flour in the recipe as I think it gives the bread a richer flavor.
As I mentioned I've been sharing recipes all week out of the new Gooseberry Patch Cookbook: Slow Cooker Fall Favorites. Tomorrow I will be giving a copy away on this blog to one lucky reader so be sure to stop back by and sign up for your chance to win!
2 2/3 cup biscuit baking mix
1 1/2 cup ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. In a bowl, mix together bananas, sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs.
2. Stir in remaining baking mix, cinnamon and chocolate chips.
3. Lightly grease 4 wide mouth pint sized canning jars.
4. Spoon batter into jars until half full.
5. Pour 1/2 cup water in bottom on slow cooker.
6. Place aluminum foil on top of jars and place in crock pot. (Tip: I spray a little cooking spray on the underneath side of the aluminum foil before placing it on my jars.)
7. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, or until a toothpick tests clean.
8. Remove jars to a wire rack to cool.