Remember last fall when I made Apple Butter in the crock pot?!?! Well I found a new use for it with this recipe for ribs. I made the apple butter in the crock pot and now I'm making the ribs in the crock pot with a recipe I found in Gooseberry Patch's new 101 Super Easy Slow Cooker Recipes. Apple Butter BBQ Spareribs has a sweet and savory flavor that makes these ribs finger licking good. And with only a couple of ingredients and 8 hours in the crock pot you will have a meal that you just want to sink your teeth into.
If you aren't a fan of onions, like me, then you can use 1 T. of dried onion flakes in stead of an actual onion. This will give you the slightest bit of flavor without using the actual onion.
4 lbs. pork spareribs
salt & pepper to taste
16 oz. jar apple butter
18 oz. jar bottle BBQ sauce
1. Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper.
2. Place ribs on rimmed baking sheet.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes; drain.
4. Meanwhile, blend together apple butter and barbecue sauce in a bowl; set aside.
5. Slice ribs into serving-size pieces and place in a slow cooker.
6. Top with onion; drizzle sauce mixture over all.
7. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
(If you use my onion flake idea just stir those in with the sauces.)