Day 3 of Muffin Week is one for those mornings when you know you'll be busy, or have company or just want an easier way to do things... Refrigerator Pumpkin Bran Muffins. Simply make up your batter and store in an air tight container in your refrigerator for up to one week and bake whenever you're ready.
This recipe has great Pumpkin flavor and is perfect with your morning coffee. I found this recipe in Gooseberry Patch's "Good for You Everyday Meals" Cookbook which I am reviewing this week on the blog. On Friday, I will have a giveaway so one of you can get this cookbook and bake up all these yummy but healthy dishes as well, so you keep coming back and I'll keep the coffee on and the recipes coming.
2 cup bran flake cereal
2 cup buttermilk
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
1/3 cup butter (melted)
2 eggs (beaten)
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1. Combine cereal and buttermilk in a large bowl; and let stand 5 minutes.
2,. Add pumpkin, butter and eggs; mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and spices.
4. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir until completely moistened.
5. Batter may be baked immediately, or stored up to one week in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator.
6. To bake, spoon batter into lightly greased or paper-lined muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 18 - 20 minutes, until muffin tops are firm to the touch.
Make 2 1/2 dozen.