Eggland's Best Eggs and found them easily at the local grocery store. The eggs were perfect in uniformity and contained a nice sized yolk. I learned that Eggland's Best eggs are healthier for you than other brands of eggs in that they contain 10 times more Vitamin E, 4 times more vitamin D and three times more Vitamin B12. They also are more than double the amount of Omega-3 and contain 25% less saturated fat. With all that extra nutrition I feel like I can enjoy even more desserts this holiday season.
Now that you've learned more about the eggs, lets get on to this recipe for Tangerine Cake.
1 cup unsalted butter
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
2 T. finely grated tangerine zest
2/3 cup tangerine juice
3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
1 tsp. vanilla extract.
Ingredients for glaze:
1 1/2 c. confectioners sugar
3 T. tangerine juice
red and yellow food coloring
1. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, salt and baking soda.
2. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time.
5. Beat in tangerine zest and juice.
6. Then either stir by hand or on your slowest mixer setting while adding the flour mixture in three additions alternating with two additions of yogurt.
7. Lastly add the vanilla.
8. Transfer to a greased bundt pan and tap firmly on a flat surface to release any air bubbles.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.
9. Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes.
10. Then invert onto a wire rack or plate and allow to cool completely.
1. Whisk together the confections sugar and juice until you reach a drizzle like consistency.
2. Add a drop of red food coloring a 2 drops of yellow to get a nice orange color.
3. Mix thoroughly and then spoon over cake.
4. Slice and serve!
Eggland's Best did provide me with a gift pack to give away on this blog. One lucky reader will win a coupon for a free carton of Eggland's Best eggs, an EB branded apron, whisk, spatula, ceramic bowl, bowl scraper, tote bag and a plush egg.
To enter simply leave a comment on this blog post telling me the name of your favorite recipe that contains two or more whole eggs. Only one entry per person and applicant must be a US resident. This contest will be open from January 7th through Sunday, January 12th at midnight (EST). Winner will be announced on this blog on Monday, January 13th.
Congrats to Susan C. She is the winner of the Eggland's Best Prize Pack!
Please note the Eggland’s Best coupon, information, and two gift packs (one for you and one for me) have been provided by Eggland’s Best.
To learn more about Eggland's Best feel free to check out their other Social Media pages.
Eggland’s Best Facebook page: http://on.fb.me/WUT330
Eggland’s Best Twitter page: http://bit.ly/Ze6Ksi
Eggland’s Best Pinterest page: http://bit.ly/JGUBsj