8 strips of bacon (cooked till crisp then crumbled)
1 T. butter
3 ribs of celery (chopped)
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
dash of pepper
2 T. flour
2 cups chicken broth (divided)
2 cups milk
4 cups southern-style frozen hash browns
5 oz. shredded pepper jack cheese
1. In a small bowl whisk together 2 T. flour with 1/4 cup chicken broth.
2. Set aside.
3. In a large soup pot on medium heat add butter, celery, minced garlic, dash of pepper, red pepper flakes and saute for a couple of minutes.
4. Add remaining 1 3/4 cups chicken broth, milk, hash browns and turn the heat up and bring to a boil.
5. Stirring occasionally.
6. Once boiling, slowly add chicken broth and flour mixture.
7. Stir so it is well mix and then turn down heat and simmer until soup has thickened and potatoes are tender. 8. Add cheese and half of the crumbled bacon, continue stirring until soup is smooth.
9. Serve hot and top with remaining bacon or additional shredded pepper jack cheese.