It was a snowy Saturday night and we didn't feel like going out to eat, however I didn't have anything planned to make for supper. I thought about a couple things to make, but either didn't have all the ingredients or didn't have the time, so I flipped through my Casserole Queens cookbook and found a recipe that seemed tasty and easy... which is exactly what I was looking for. With a few additions and a couple of swapped out ingredients I made a delicious meal in no time. I'm going to call my version of it Spaghetti Casserole and here is how I made it.
1 (16 oz) package spaghetti
2 (14.5 oz) cans of diced tomatoes
2 tsp. dried oregano
2 tsp. garlic salt
2 tsp. onion powder
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (10 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup milk
2 cups cooked and cubed meat (I used beef but you could use chicken)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. In a bowl make your sauce by combining the soup, milk and meat and set aside.
3. In a greased 9 x 13 baking dish, layer half of the pasta, half of the sauce, 1 cup cheddar cheese and 1 can of tomatoes.
4. Next, sprinkle 1 tsp. of oregano, 1 tsp. of garlic salt and 1 tsp. onion powder.
5. Repeat the next layer with the remaining ingredients.
6. On the very top sprinkle the Parmesan cheese.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until the pasta is bubbling around the edges.