The holidays are coming so why not serve lamb for your next family get together. I adapted this recipe from a Gooseberry Patch's Homemade Christmas Cookbook a couple years ago and have been making it several times since then. This is a great recipe to make using lamb chops and your crock pot.... and this way your oven is free for all the other side dishes you need to fix. (And help you get everything ready to be served at the same time.) The lamb chops pair nicely with the butternut squash, apples and cranberries in this recipe and give your mouth those holiday flavors you expect this time of year. So pour yourself a glass of wine and lets get the crock pot going so you can focus your attention on other things.
1 cup apple cider or apple juice
2 lb. lamb chops
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3 Granny Smith Apples, cored, peeled and sliced
1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
12 oz. pkg. of dried cranberries
3 T. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. dried sage.
1. In a small bowl mix together salt, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg and sage.
2. Pat this dry rub onto your lamb chops.
3. In a greased crock pot add squash, then place meat on top, and then place your apples and cranberries on top of that.
4. Pour apple juice or cider on top and lastly sprinkle brown sugar.
5. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.