1 1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 T. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
5 apples, cored, peeled and diced
2 1/4 tsp. vanilla.
Instructions for Cake:
1. In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in eggs.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
4. Then gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir by hand.
5. Add remaining ingredients and continue to stir by hand.
6. Pour batter into greased pan and bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes.
8. With a fork, poke holes all over surface of cake and drizzle warm caramel glaze over cake.
9. Serve either warm or cooled.
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk.
1. In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter.
2. Add sugars and salt.
3. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in milk and bring to a boil.
5. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
Indiana Family of Farmers Table Talk series and did receive a gift in exchange for this blog post.
This post was linked to: Made by You Mondays on Skip to my Lou
Tasty Tuesday on Beauty and Bedlam, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace, Hearth N' Soul, 33 Shades of Green