Because you know how much I love a breakfast you can fix in the crock pot... I'm sharing my new recipe for a delicious French Toast Cinnamon Roll Casserole with you today. This is one of those recipes I've been baking in my head (ya know... thinking about how it work with different ingredients and taste, etc.) and finally decided to give it a try.
2 tubes of cinnamon rolls
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
3 T. maple syrup
2 tsp. vanilla
1. Arrange 1 tube on cinnamon rolls on the bottom of your greased on lined crock pot.
2. (I used a couple from the 2nd tube just to make sure the entire bottom was covered.)
3. In a bowl mix eggs, cream, cinnamon, nutmeg vanilla and maple syrup.
4. Pour over cinnamon rolls.
5. Take the remaining tube of cinnamon rolls and break into bit sized chunks and drop those on top.
6. Then take one container of the icing that comes with the cinnamon rolls and drop that in chunks on top.
7. Cover and bake on low for 3 hours.
8. (I haven't tried this recipe on high yet, but I'm guessing you could and have it bake for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.)