I have been very humbled here lately to receive some blogging awards. Anytime anyone mentions my blog I get excited let alone when some gives me an award needless to say I am ecstatic. So in this post I am graciously accepting 3 awards and passing on the award to others.
First up.... the Versatile Blogger award. I had already received this award a couple of months ago, and passed it one but wanted to pass along a thanks to the bloggers who thought of me and awarded me this award.
I would like to thank MLE's ABC's and Ma, What's for Dinner? for recognizing me. MLE is a fellow Hoosier blogger and has lots of fun posts about cute projects she takes on. Ma, What's for Dinner has some tasty recipes and is a great commenter when it comes to my posts.
Next up, I received the Honest Scrap Award from Cris at GOODEness Gracious. Cris is the reason I am a blogger so to her I am incredibly grateful.
So the rules are I have to tell you 10 things about me and then pass the award along to other great bloggers.
1. I have naturally curly hair. People always question me about it, so yes it's natural, and no I don't mind it.
2. I met my husband at Purdue where we both graduated from.
3. While at Purdue, I was on their Dance Team the "Gold Dusters" for two years and performed at football games. I also got to go to 2 bowl games; the Alamo and Outback bowls.
4. I like country music. Let me rephrase that... I like to sing along to country music.
5. I love shoes. I'm am crazy about them. When I shop for shoes I can't think of anything else.
6. My favorite color is purple.
7. I love musicals. If I could break out into song and dance at random points throughout my day, my life would be complete.
8. I adore small town America. I grew up in one, and live in somewhat of a small town now, and think they are the best place to live.
9. I was a 10 year 4-Her. I was interested in a lot of project some of which include baking, showing livestock, gardening, photography and scrapbooking. (kind of crazy they are all the things I like to do and blog about)
10. I was also in FFA for 3 years in high school.
So I am passing this award on to:
Amy over at Positively Splendid I am a huge fan of her blog as she has lots of yummy recipes and cute crafts. (If only I didn't have two left hands and could make something I would do some of the items she posts.) And she pays lots of attention to detail, especially in her party planning. Love it!
Finding Joy in my Kitchen. What a fabulous place to go for amazing recipes. She bakes daily the way I only bake when company is coming over and it all looks sooo yummy!
Frugalista Farm Life- Now I clip coupons out of the Sunday paper, but she has made an art out of CVS paying her to shop there. She can sniff out a deal a mile away and stretch a dollar farther than a country mile. Stop by her blog for lots of tips on saving moola.
I have also received 3 A Blog with Substance Award from my bloggy buddies Hoosier Farm Babe Tell Tails and Going Jane. Both of these blogs have great insight to share on their daily life and how it relates to farming and agriculture.
*Thank the blogger who awarded it to you.
*Sum up your blogging philosophy, motivation, and experience using five (5) words.
*Pass it on to 10 other blogs which you feel have real substance.
5 words: Learning, Trying new things, Relational
I am passing this award on to:
1. Welcome Home Sunshine: I think this is a cute newlywed blog with tips on travel, food and other miscellaneous posts.
2. The Little Round Table She has some great gardening post, and can dress up a table better than anyone.
3. The Pursuit of Happiness She has a happy blog with great recipes and tips on crafts.
3. Attempting Creative- She had this awesome cupcake carnival which has got me itchin' to bake more cupcakes, they are so darn cute.
4. Dogs and Country- A garden blog, and she like kohlrabi like me. YEA!!
5. City Girl Can Survive- As much as I enjoy living in the country, reading about how she is adapting to it makes me laugh some days.
6. Crazy Daisey-A fun blog with fun recipes and a great linky party on Tuesdays.
7. Food Wine & Mod Podge- She bakes and she pairs wine with her food. What more could a girl want?!?
8. From Mess Hall to Bistro - Need tips and tricks for the Kitchen. Jennifer is your girl and she has lots of great recipes to try as well. Definitely stop by and check her out.
9. Keen Inspirations- A gardener and a craftier, and some of her crafts are for the garden. She held a fabulous garden party this past spring and I hope she will host it again.
10. Linda's Lunacy- Linda does a great job blogging about her garden, baking and kids. No not children but kids as in baby goats. They are really cute and you should check out her Saturday's on the Farm linky party.